Hey guys! Sorry I’ve been absent for a while. My husband recently returned home from deployment. We have been vacationing a lil bit and plan to do a little more in the near future. I will pick up the blogging soon though! Thanks again for reading!
My family, as I have stated before, is a rare breed! We have our own little holidays…some of which are celebrated several times a year! We also make up our own words too.
- National Dad Cooking Day – This is the day that my Daddy decides he is Betty Crocker. The only problem is…his “dinners” usually consists of throwing any and all ingredients into one big pot! These are the days we would rather go hungry! LOL Sorry Daddy! I guess I should add in that the whole family runs when I attempt to make biscuits! Sometimes they use them as rocks! I’m serious…you can throw my biscuits against a wall and not a crumb will fall off!
- Auburn vs. Georgia Day – This is the day when we all gather together to watch this specific college football game. The entire family, except my Mom, Daddy, me, my brother and a couple more, roots for Georgia. It is us 6 or 7 against the whole family! We all become instant football coaches…screaming at the t.v. and yelling at the refs! Pom-poms are even involved folks!
- National Dance Till You Drop Day – My Mom loves to dance. She taught me and my brother at an early age all the “oldie” dances! LOL We crank up music and pretty much dance and giggle all day long. Yes, we are crazy…but we are a happy bunch!
- Funny Argument Day – This one is mainly celebrated by my Mom and brother and happens several times a year. My brother will start an argument with my Mom about everything! They will even argue about chip bags…weight vs. volume. WTH! Haha
- Opposite Day – This is the day that my Daddy picks and chooses what is “opposite”. He does this several times a month…obviously this is a popular one! For example…Daddy will say, during his National Cooking Day, “The cook has to clean up the kitchen.” Now, after dinner he announces that it is opposite day! The next night when my Mom is cooking, she will remind my Daddy that the cook didn’t have to clean up the night before…here again, he announces “Opposite Day!”
- National Mom Bad Hair Day – These are the days, yes I meant the plural form of day!, that my Mom does not touch a brush or comb. She ends up looking like she stuck her finger in a light socket. This is a permanent holiday now due to the fact that she has not touched a brush in about a year…Her hair is really short so she does that “spiky do thingy”.
- Embarrass Mom Day – This is a frequent one too! My brother and I pretend to have mental issues and speak impaired. We also walk really funny…kinda like we got “skid-mark” issues! We yell in stores that she needs to tie our shoes or help with our zipper cause we have explosive diarrhea! Then we run around her holding our butts and yelling that we had a “woopsy”!
- Embarrass The Kids Day – Mom reverses the role above and embarrasses the shit out of us! She will just start laughing out loud…REALLY LOUD…and has even sat down in the middle of a store and continued laughing. I swear, she looks like she needs a straight jacket and padded room on these days…LOL
- National Pick On Family Member Day – Practical jokes rule on these days! Greasing door handles, sardines in the vents, jello dumped in the back of their toilet…the list goes on and on.
- Wambulance Day – My brother invented this one! He will pick on someone, usually ME, about anything and everything. When I say something about it…to defend myself!…he does this…”Awww, call the wambulance. Waa Waa Wambulance!” So friggin’ annoying!
Here are some of our “made up” words…
- duckies = money
- mokey = remote control
- drinky poo = alcoholic beverage
- itchy = an itch haha “I have an itchy on my back.”
- coo coo = popsicle
I have no idea why we use ’em and I’m pretty sure there are tons more…just can’t think of ’em right now.