I recently read an article about stroller habits that piss off the entire world. I had to giggle because I am guilty of most of them! Of course I have to throw my two cents worth in and explain the stroller issues.
1. Not closing the stroller in a crowded restaurant- Ok, for starters, crowded restaurants are a pain in the ass for everyone. And depending on how many babies are in there… a high chair may not be available. Now some may say that if one isn’t available I should go somewhere else. I say, “If you don’t like it, you can leave.” We usually try to stay away from crowded places but it’s not always easy. We also try to eat outside to avoid the crowd inside.
2. Hitting people in the back of their ankles- I’ve only ran my hubby over so far with the stroller, but accidents happen people! You don’t get all bent out of shape bumping shoulders on a crowded street. Why get all crazy about this?
3. Blocking the view at the zoo- Teach your children patience! Oh, and find some for yourself as well. We all have to wait our turn at the zoo sometimes. This one is just crazy to me…so petty. Parents these days need to work on their parenting skills. My children have to learn to wait their turn, why not yours???
4. Refusing to fold the stroller on a crowded bus- I’ve never taken the bus so I cannot relate to this one. I don’t even see how someone could get on a bus with a stroller unfolded.
5. Using the stroller as a walker- Oh yea! I’ve leaned on the stroller quite a few times! Does it really bother you that I lean on the stroller? How does it affect your day? Seriously? And have you gone days and days without sleep because your 5mth old has his/her days and nights mixed up? Didn’t think so….so shut up.
6. Knocking over store displays- I haven’t had this accident but not saying I won’t. Some stores are so cramped and have no organization. I’ve been in some stores that made maneuvering a stroller about as hard as playing Operation!
7. Taking up the entire sidewalk- Really? Go around or go play in traffic! Geez! How petty can people get? We don’t control the width of the sidewalks. Talk to your city council about that one. Does this really piss you off or are you just trying to get smashed in the ankles?
8. Using the stroller as a glorified shopping cart- I admit that when I go to places like a swap meet or flea market, I use a huge ring thing that clips on the stroller handle that holds the bags. But why does that piss anyone off?
Well, there you have it. Just a few things that some people get irritated about for no particular reason.